Monday 19 November 2012

Yet Another Haul!

Hey guys!

So basically over the past couple of weeks I have updated my makeup collection somewhat dramatically. I have bought a lot of new brushes (which I will get on to in a moment), I have some new eyeshadows, new lip glosses and lipsticks, and I also got an eyelash curler. I've pretty much changed my entire makeup routine!!

For starters then, my new brushes. I spent a hell of a lot of time combing the internet trying to figure out which brushes do what, which brushes are the best etc. And I eventually got my mind set on investing in a set of MAC brushes. I came so close to buying a load of MACs brushes from the Debenhams website, but in the end it all came down to price. To be quite honest, there is no way on earth that I could justify spending over £100 on just three or four brushes, no matter how much I wanted them! So I started shopping around for a cheaper alternative, and I eventually stumbled across Ecotools. Ecotools are a rather nature-friendly company, and I read some very god reviews for their makeup tools. I decided to purchase a few of their products from Boots. I got the 'Bamboo 6 Piece Eye Brush Set', the 'Bamboo Foundation Brush', and also the 'Bamboo Angled Eyeliner Brush'. When I got the brushes home, the first thing I noticed about them was that they all come in very nice little plastic wallets, which are supposed to be used as little storage pouches. Very good idea, I thought! I took the foundation brush out of its little packet, and almost immediately I was overcome by how soft the bristles were! I mean, they were like silk! No other brush I have ever owned has been anywhere near that soft. I was rather in a hurry to test the eye brushes for their softness, and they were much the same. The eye brush set comes with its own little travel pouch, which is velcro sealed and has a small vanity mirror inside. Perfect for protecting the brushes, really. They are lovely! I would definitely recommend these brushes to anyone. At the time of purchase, the foundation brush cost £7.99, the eye brush set cost £14.99, and the eyeliner brush was £5.49, all from Boots.

Today, I also swung by Superdrug and picked up 3 makeup items, as they have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment. The main reason I went to Superdrug in the first place was to pick up a Sleek eyeshadow pallette, which I have read a lot about lately. I have been eye-ing up the Urban Decay 'Naked' pallettes for some time now, but was a bit reluctant to purchase them due to their price tag. And without really meaning to, I stumbled across a blog (I forget which, sorry) that compared the Naked pallette with Sleeks I-Divine 'Storm' pallette, which really is a fraction of the price! On first inspection of the Sleek pallette, it looks quite pleasant. It comes in a black plastic case with a vanity mirror inside, with 12 little eye shadows. I'm yet to use the eye shadows, but when I do I will review them. Also it the 3 for 2 at Superdrug, I purchased a Collection 2000 'Lock N Hold' lipgloss in the colour 'Urban Punk'. It's a kind of champagney, light beige-ish colour, with a bit of sparkle in it. The best thing about this lipgloss though is the smell; It's gorgeous! Very fruity and pleasant. And the third thing I bought was a white eyeliner from MUA. Usually only a pound, but it was the free thing in the 3 for 2 offer. The thing I like about the MUA eyeliners is that they have a sharpener built in to the lid, which is mega handy.

I have picked up a few bits and bobs, too, like an Urban Decay 'Brow Box' (which I am LOVING and would reccomend to everyone), a Simple Eye Roll-On thing which I haven't tried yet, and some new cleanser and toner by Garnier. Hopefully I will get round to talking about some of these things in more detail in up-coming blogs.

Bye for now x : )

No comments:

Post a Comment